The Joomla Common Payments Paystack plugin (a.k.a CPG Paystack plugin) is the payment plugin that integrates Paystack into the Common Payments Gateway network.
What is the Common Payments Gateway?
The Common Payments Gateway is an API created by TechJoomla to bridge the Payments gap for the whole Joomla! ecosystem.
With this gateway, several plugins can follow a standard way to integrate with supported payment plugins. Read more here.
Who is using the Common Payments API?
The following components are known to use the API:
- Matukio by Compojoom
- DigiStore by IJoomla
More details can be read here.
What is Paystack?
Paystack provides modern online and offline payments for Africa. Paystack helps businesses in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. And it is free to sign up too! Join now.
- An account with Paystack.com. Sign up here.
- A Joomla! 3 (or higher version) website.
- Your CPA-compatible component, installed on the site (a list of currently available ones is above).
- For the plugin to work correctly, your server must have: PHP Version > 5.5.19, CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1_2 or later, defined as 6.
- Your currency must be specified as a code, not a symbol e.g. For Ghana, GHS not ₵.
- This plugin does not work for recurring payments (coming soon) so do not switch this on in Settings.
- Download the plugin.
- Log into the back end of your Joomla! site.
- On the Control Panel page, click “Install Extensions” > “Upload Package File” OR from the top menu, click Extensions > Manage > Install > Upload Package File.
After successful installation, open the plugin by going to Extensions > Plugin, then searching for it.
– Fill all the fields in the plugin, publish it, and save.
– Complete the setup by opening the CPA-compatible component’s configuration and selecting the CPG Paystack payment gateway plugin and switching it on.
– Change currency to code, not a symbol.
– Switch off recurring payments.
Set the Paystack payment plugin to “Test Mode” – ensure you have retrieved your Test keys from your Paystack account and added and saved them to the plugin.
- Visit the front end and make a test purchase on your site.
- The Test mode from Paystack allows you to select which outcome you want to test – Success, Failed, etc. This means you can test more than one scenario.
- Don’t forget to switch to Live Mode when you are done.
If you are having issues setting up the Paystack plugin for your CPA-compatible component, you can reach out to us via email. Please note that minimal support is only covered for this plugin within 3 months of purchase. Support documentation for this plugin is also available here.
There are no reviews yet.